- ‘show me the code!’
- ‘does technology X work on platform Y?’
- ‘where the heck is that Foo example I saw?’
- a minimum of ‘huh?’
- easier to find simple stuff than gist.github.com, etc.
- simpler and more comprehensive than html5demos.com, w3schools, etc.
- short, consistent, guessable URLs with sensible redirects (e.g. /ajax => /xhr, /pc => /peerconnection)
- easy to maintain
- somewhat oriented to Chrome, and only cross-platform where I can be bothered and/or I think it make sense
- lots missing: media queries, IndexedDB, WebGL, etc. – will add these when I get around to it
- no templating
I hope it’s useful – comments and suggestions much appreciated!